Place des Vosges

Place des Vosges Paris
Place des Vosges
75004  Paris
Sometimes called the most beautiful square in Europe, the Places des Vosges was one of many public works project undertaken by King Henry IV. Completed in 1612, the symmetrical square is an early example of successful urban planning. It is a perfect square measuring 140 meters on a side and the buildings that surround it all have identical red and white brick facades with an arcaded gallery. Victor Hugo was one of the most famous residents of the square and his house at n6 is now a museum that can be visited, along with the numerous fine art galleries and restaurants that line the square.